Open Track Day and Road Course Driving School
SORC Motorsport Park Hastings
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Reservations requested to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can arrive as early as Tuesday afternoon, August 10, if you have a motor home or trailer…we can plug you in overnight. We have 30+ RV spots 20/30/50 amps ($15 per night on weekdays) or you can leave a trailer and stay at one of the many local hotels.
For those with little or no road course experience, we will do an arrive-and-drive familiarization school Wednesday from 9–11 a.m. For those drivers with some road course experience, we will give you the needed orientation. Lead and follow will be available only Wednesday morning. We will have drivers’ meetings and will keep you in comfortable (like vehicle) groups together. All of the Driving School Apex and Turn in Cones will be on the track to help you with the lines and the giant Yes and No signs for passing zones. We will offer a short-version road course driving school for a very small additional charge ($50) in the morning if you have no road course experience which will allow you to participate in the afternoon sessions with the other drivers. We will have open track groups Wednesday from 1–4 p.m. Due to the limited number of specialty vehicles the cost will be $100 for the afternoon and pay at the track is fine. This will include drivers from the mornings-learning experience and you will be in a group you’re comfortable with for the above additional $100.
At 4 p.m. SORC/MPH King-of-the-Hill Shootout—$25 Entry
We will have the track’s SS Harchelroad Motors Cobalt car available with a RPM limiter to make everyone has the same limited power to show us his or her driving skills. This will be a timed event with one provided track car on the track at a time. You will need to sign up for this when you arrive and we will provide a track scheduled run time for you. The SORC/MPH King-of-the-Hill event will decide who’s the best of the best driver! (In our limited power car.) (Sign up early so when you drive the car still has brakes.)
MPH 2010 GrandSport Corvette—Available for lease in the afternoon ($165 per 20-minute session)
For early arrivals, on Tuesday evening at 7 p.m. we will host an SORC/MPH Track party in the new Guardrail Clubhouse. The Bacardi Bus rides at 7:45 p.m. for track tours by the famous track record-holding Bus Driver George.
- 8/11/2010 Orientation School $50 (A)
- 8/11/2010 Open Track 1–4 p.m. $100 (B)
- 8/11/2010 SORC/MPH King-of-the-Hill $25 (C)
2010 Signups (7/8/2010)
- Cletus & Brenda Kraft 6/1/10 (Track PM and King-of-the-Hill)
- Les Steinhoff 7/7/10 C6 Vette (Track PM)
Sign-Up Sheet From 2009—Be There in 2010!
SORC 2009 among the visitors!
- Bob with Red Pontiac G8 from WI
- Cletus and Brenda Kraft (1 Track Day PM & King)
- AJ Ranft (1 Track Day PM & King)
- Malcolm Morison
- Ray Bernard (1 Track Day PM & King)
- Sam Bryant (1 Track Day PM & King)
- Jared Helge (Ted H. navigator) School AM & Track Day & King)
- Ted Hughes (1 Track Day & King)
- John Stricker from Russell, KS. Just riding with son below.
- Chris Striker from ” ” (1 Track Day PM & King) #86 Fiero/Cadillac Northstar Powered
- Rob Walton (1 Track Day PM & King)
- Linda & Les Steinhoff (Les 1 Track Day PM & King)
- John Huff in the Orange Challenger (1 Track Day & King)
- Dan Sparling New Shelby Mustang (1 Track Day & King)
- Stan Mifflin (1 Track Day & King)
- Lots of others arrived too!