SORC Fun Amid Unprecedented Times…A Message From the Board
Given the nature of the times in which we currently find ourselves, the SORC board will be implementing a number of changes to enhance the safety of our community, drivers, and volunteers.
If you feel ill, believe that you have been exposed to COVID-19, or consider yourself to be in a high-risk group, we ask that you help us protect our community by staying home.
Although certain measures will be taken to help manage the spread of COVID-19, the ultimate decision to participate and/or attend rests with individual participants.
To help make these decisions, the following changes and points of clarification will be made for SORC 2020:
- To help alleviate congestion, tech will begin on Tuesday between 5-8 p.m. at Smith’s shop for local drivers, or those for whom it is convenient to tech early. Tech will continue as is normally scheduled as well on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Loup to Loup meeting is mandatory as normal. Please avoid congestion at the entrance and exercise consideration for those who wish to physically distance. Please spread out as is practical.
- The shootout meeting has been cancelled. Rookie drivers will receive their information at the first-time driver’s meeting on Thursday per the schedule.
- First-time drivers AND navigators will be required to attend the SORC first-time driver’s meeting.
- The SORC race driver’s meeting is mandatory for ALL drivers.
- For the sake of space in the community center, we ask that all veteran navigators who attended the Loup to Loup race meeting not attend and confer with their driver for updates and announcements.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available upon request at functions held at the community center (please be mindful that there will limited quantities of masks). We will not be setting up tables for the driver’s meeting. In an effort to reduce congestion, we will also be utilizing bleachers.
- Belt pullers will not be wearing masks.
- In an effort to keep our volunteers safe, volunteers requiring special accommodations related to COVID-19 will need to inform a SORC official prior to race day.
- The burnout contest will be conducted as usual. Please be mindful of those wishing to physically distance.
- Please bring your own chair to the awards banquet. Again, please be mindful of those wishing to physically distance.
Unless otherwise stated, participants may plan on the events surrounding SORC being conducted as usual.
In an effort to help accommodate our drivers and navigators, we are offering a 100% entry refund up to Tuesday, August 4.
State and local health directives may change prior to the race, and we ask that you refer to the website (not the SORC Facebook page) for official updates as it pertains to our COVID-19 policies.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to a SORC official.